The creators of Vegin’ Out take a lot of pride in creating meals that are 100% vegan.
In addition to offering meals that are completely plant-based, Vegin’ Out promises meals that are healthy, organic, low-fat, low sodium, oil-free, and cholesterol free. None of the bad stuff and all goodness. That’s why they’re one of our favorite vegetarian meal delivery programs.
Out of all the brands out there, we found Vegin’ Out to provide excellent breakfast, lunch, and dinner options without animal protein and artificial gook.
We especially appreciated that Vegin’ Out managed to create a low-fat, low sodium and oil-free plan that was also nourishing and enjoyable.
Founded in 2008, the ideal Vegin’ Out customer is someone either fully committed to a vegetarian or vegan diet or someone very interested in giving it a try, but are a bit overwhelmed on how to start (and perhaps unsure about what to cook.)
“Our goal is to provide healthy and delicious vegan meals without all the additives, preservatives and oil (most of the time),” the Vegin’ Out website promises.
How Vegin’ Out Works
Vegin’ Out sends you all of your weekly meals in bulk containers, which means that you will portion out your servings yourself.
In addition to that, you can get up to 9 combinations of vegan meals from each order, which means that you can mix and match dishes accordingly.
And don’t worry, each week’s package is quite plentiful.
Your three vegan entrees will be served in its own 24 ounce container. You will also receive four vegan side dishes (each in its own 16 ounce container), a vegan soup and 5 vegan cookies.
What You Can Expect From Your Meal
Vegin’ Out currently uses a menu that cycles every 8 weeks, so customers will get plenty of variety and different flavors when it comes to their meals each week. If you don’t like a particular dish on that week’s Vegin’ Out menu, you can double up on another entree or side dish.
Customers can choose from the following meal plans:
- Single Weekly Vegetarian/Vegan Meal Order: This plan gives you enough food for one diner to eat for the week. (There is also an option to sign up for a plan that delivers your meals every other week if you’d prefer.)
- Double Weekly Vegetarian/Vegan Meal Orders: This is a perfect option for a couple or a small family.Your meals will arrive in a cooler bag that contains ice packs to ensure that your food stays cold until you open your package. (Everything should be refrigerated as soon as you open your bag.)
Because all of your Vegin’ Out meals will arrive at your door fresh, they should be eaten within a week of opening your package. However, all Vegin’ Out products freeze easily and can be defrosted and enjoyed later on if you choose to do so.
Here are some of the meals we got to try from the Vegin’ Out menu from one week’s menu. We appreciated that Vegin’ Out’s chefs work to create dishes that trace their histories from a variety of cultures, yet managed to complement each other nicely.
- Thai Green Curry Tofu and Veggies
- Aloo Gobi
- Rice Noodle Salad
- Roasted Broccoli and Tomatoes
- Tomato-Hempseed Bisque
- Lemon Herb “Chick’n”
Vegin’ Out is a California-based company and ships throughout the contiguous United States.
Shipping fees are included with your order and your meals will be delivered through FedEx.
Those based in Los Angeles or nationwide will receive their meals on Mondays. Customers in the rest of Southern California will receive their food on Tuesdays.
Here is the current Vegin’ Out pricing structure according to its website:
The costs of your Vegin’ Out order depends on your location. The company is based in California and local and West Coast orders are charged lower prices than other, nationwide orders.
- Single Vegetarian Vegan Meal Delivery Order, Los Angeles (LA) Delivery – $127.99
- Double Vegetarian Vegan Meal Delivery Order, Los Angeles (LA) Delivery – $234.99
- Single Vegetarian Vegan Meal Shipping Order, So Cal, Nor Cal & Arizona Shipping – $145.99
- Double Vegetarian Vegan Meal Shipping Order, So Cal, Nor Cal & Arizona Shipping – $269.99
- Single Vegetarian Vegan Meal Order, Nationwide Shipping – $189.99
- Double Vegetarian Vegan Meal Order, Nationwide Shipping – $360.98
Food for Thought
We liked Vegin’ Out’s menu and the variety of flavors the company’s chefs regularly utilize. One downside to the company is that the bulk servings of our food took a bit of getting used to, as most other meal kits proportion otu servings for you.
But we did like that Vegin’ Out’s portions are nicely sized and we often had food left over at the end of the week (which is a great problem to have.) Additionally, Vegin’ Out’s price point is quite reasonable, especially compared to the other vegan meal kits option out there.
How to Order
After picking your plan, proceed to checkout. It is here that you can either process your order as a guest or create a user account.
After entering your shipping and payment information, you’ll just have to confirm your order. When that is squared away, all of your meals will soon be on their way.
Read more on why Vegin’ Out is on our list of favorite vegan meal services delivered straight to your door.