Since it was first rolled out in the 2003, the South Beach Diet has become synonymous with rapid weight loss plans that actually work.
“Our passion is to help as many people as possible learn how to lose weight, get in the best shape ever, and live high-quality, heart-healthy lives— without hunger or deprivation,” the website for the South Beach Diet promises. With the diet’s official line of ready to eat meals, the company’s founders hope to make adapting a healthier and leaner lifestyle even easier.
Table of Contents
How South Beach Works
South Beach promises that those that sign up for its meal program will lose 9 pounds in the first two weeks of eating its meals and following the guidelines.
Because the South Beach diet is so intense, especially for those starting it for the first time, the plan includes all meals and snacks for the first month.
Here are the current South Beach meal plans customers can choose from:
- The Silver Plan: Think of the silver plan as a good entry point for someone starting the South Beach Diet for the first time. You’ll receive 4 weeks worth of breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Customers also have the option of getting their meals selected for them through the “Chef’s Choice” program or picking their meals themselves. We should note that it is recommended that new customers should go with the “Chef’s Choice” option as they begin their diets for the first time.
- The Gold Plan: This plan is currently the most popular of all the South Beach meal plans. In addition to getting everything that’s included with the Silver Plan, you’ll also receive South Beach snacks an expanded menu of meals to choose from.
- The Platinum Plan: Literally everything is covered with South Beach’s Platinum Plan. You’ll get meals from he expanded menu, snacks and a month’s supply of healthy, filling protein shakes.
- The South Beach Diabetes Gold Plan: Because people with diabetes or are considered pre-diabetic have special dietary needs, this variation of the Gold Plan contains low-carb and low-sugar foods that help keep your A1C numbers under control. Additionally, this plan also contains everything that’s included in the regular Gold Plan.
What You Can Expect From Your Meal
The South Beach Diet plan contain offerings that work for breakfast, lunch and dinner and include snacks and protein shake options. Your meals arrive frozen and can be heated in either a conventional oven or a microwave.
In addition to subscribing to a meal plan, customers can also order meals a la carte.
Once you’ve signed up for the South Beach meal delivery plan, your diet will take place over three distinct phases.
The first phase is aptly titled the Body Reboot. This is when you are literally retraining your body’s approach to food (and teaching it to stop craving starches and sugars.) Understandably, this first phase is the most challenging phase of the South Beach diet for many.
Because you’re completely eliminating sugar and simple carbs during this time, it’s natural to go through cravings and withdrawals as your body readjusts. This phase lasts the first two weeks of the South Beach diet meal plan.
The second phase is the Steady Weight Loss phase of the South Beach program. You can expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week during this phase as your body begins to truly adapt to the new program.
This phase is also much less restrictive and you’ll get to enjoy an expanded number of dishes on the South Beach menu.
Exercise is also a big part of the South Beach plan, so you’ll also get tips on how to work out and be energized while your experiencing this phase.
The third phase occurs after the first month on the South Beach program. This is this maintenance phase and it begins after you hit your weight loss goal.
During this phase, you’re also transitioning away from the South Beach meal program and learning to maintain those principles on your own.
Remember, moderation is key if you want to indulge in your old favorite foods. You’ll also get guidance in how to eat out at restaurants responsibly.
Here are some of the meals currently on the South Beach Diet Plan.
- Double Grilled Sriracha Chicken: One of the most popular items on the South Beach Diet menu, this entree combines the spice of sriracha sauce with tender pieces of chicken and sides of collard greens and bell peppers.
- Taqueria-Style Beef & Cheese Skillet: Who says you can’t enjoy a restaurant-style Mexican meal while on the South Beach Diet? The cheese and mix of spices make this dish a must-have.
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast: This classic American meal is the ultimate comfort food — and for good reason. Seasoned with rosemary, this dish is packed with protein and a great weeknight meal.
- Spice Shrimp & Chicken Stir-Fry: The South Beach version of this Chinese restaurant favorite only contains 210 calories. A mix of mushrooms, quinoa and snow peas completes this stir-fry dish.
South Beach delivers to all 50 states. Those who subscribe through the official South Beach Diet website will receive free shipping with their subscription orders.
Your meals will be delivered through FedEx and you’ll receive a tracking number that allows you to follow the progress of your package.
Here is how the South Beach Diet plan breaks down in terms of price.
- The Silver Plan is $299.99 with auto-delivery.
- The Gold Plan is $339.99 with auto-delivery.
- The Platinum Plan is $369.99 with auto-delivery.
Food for Thought
The South Beach Diet Plan is trusted in the world of meal kits for a reason: over the past two decades they have a long record of proven success.
View this post on Instagram
There are several things that any customer should keep in mind before trying this plan. First, because this is a fat-burning program that relies on calorie restriction, it’s important that you consult with a doctor before beginning the South Beach diet.
We found the South Beach Diet menu to be varied, but getting used to frozen meals can be another adjustment for some.
It is also important to realize that the reason South Beach works is because it is a very strict program. That means that you will have to be extremely well-disciplined while on this program, especially during the first phase. Remember, there is a reason it’s called the Body Reboot phase.
How to Order
Here’s how you can get started with the South Beach Diet plan.
First, head to the company’s Shop Plans page to pick the plan that works best for you.
Once you’ve picked whether you want the silver, gold or platinum plan you’ll then be asked to answer questions about your gender and whether you want the pre-selected Chef’s Picks meals or if you want to pick your meals yourself. (It’s recommended that first-time customers go with the Chef’s Picks option as they get used to the program.)
The next page will ask you for an email address so that you can get a subscription confirmation and other updates once you’ve completed your order.
You’ll then be asked to enter your shipping and payment information and then to confirm you order.
Once you’ve confirmed everything, your meals will begin making their way to you. Enjoy the first steps of your weight loss journey!