Anyone who has looked for vegetarian and plant-based meal kits knows how challenging that search can be. Fortunately, Sakara Life promises customers excellent plant-based foods and juices, that are filling, different and (most important of all) tasty.
Sakara Life takes particular pride in the fact that all of their food is packed with superfoods and never contains refined sugar, dairy or gluten.
In addition to a full menu of organic meals, Sakara Life’s menu contains Nutrient-Rich Snacks, Detoxifying Teas, and Probiotic Drinks.
How Sakara Life Works
Here’s how Sakara Life works: The company promises “clean, organic, ready-to-eat meals, delivered to your door.”
What makes Sakara Life stand out however is its line of Daily Detox Teas that supplement their meals while helping to cleanse your system by promoting digestion.
As an added bonus, you’ll also get access to (and advice and guidance from) Sakara Life’s certified health coaches.
The Sakara menu rotates weekly and your meals will be curated for you by the Sakara staff.
Here are the plans Sakara Life currently offers:
- Signature Plan: The center of the Sakara meal plan selections, the signature plan provides delicious, plant-based meals to customers. There are options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Signature Plan can be done for three days a week or five days a week.
- Level II Detox: Founder Whitney Tingle recently told Byrdie that the Sakara Detox plan centers healing and the power of the gut. “It’s designed to help heal your gut because your gut is the center of your health—from how well you sleep to your hormones to your sex drive to how clear your skin is.”Over the course of 5 days, the detox will help your gut refocus by not only eliminating meat but also getting rid of caffeine, alcohol, nuts, soy, and nightshades.
- Brides: Getting ready for your big day? This plan will have you looking and feeling great. The 20-day plan consists of foods that are meant to help you “slim down, tone up and beautify.”
Skipping a week of your plan is easy, as is changing your delivery address or canceling your plan.
All changes to your subscription plan must be made by midnight on Wednesday of the week prior to when your next shipment is due.
What You Can Expect From Your Meal
Sakara promises ingredients that are sourced from local farmers and sources.
Because Sakara recipes also focuses on its teas it is also highly focused on hydration and the importance of getting the right amount of water in your diet.
The Sakara menu changes weekly; you will get plenty of variety in your meals week to week.
While you can list your allergies and other food restriction, the meals are set throughout the week for you.
Your Sakara meals will arrive fresh in an insulated cooler with dry ice. Your meals should be placed in the refrigerator as soon as you open your cooler.
All of your meals will come with nutritional and heating information. You have the option of heating your meals over a stove or in an oven or in your microwave.
Here are some of the meals currently on the Sakara Life menu:
- Kimchi + Buckwheat Soba Bowl: The buckwheat soba noodles are accompanied by kimchi and roasted bok choy.
- Red Coconut Lentil Curry + Winter Veggies: The Sakara take on the beloved Thai dish features season vegetables and is protein packed.
- Truffle Kale Salad + Wild Mushroom Toast: The superseed toast as an interesting and nutty taste.
- Matcha Udon Bowl: We enjoyed this Japanese-inspired comfort food.
Shipping fees are not included with your Sakara subscription.
Most customers will have their Sakara meals delivered via FedEx, though some areas use different third-party companies as well.
You will receive a tracking number from the shipping company when your package is on the way.
Sakara’s subscription plans are currently priced as follows:
- The Signature plan is $239.00 for 3 days and $349.00 for 5 days.
- The 5-day Detox Plan is $400.00, while the 10-day Detox Plan is $749.00.
- The plan for Brides is $1395.00 for the 20 day plan.
Food for Thought
We loved Sakara’s branding, packaging and general look. The site is easy to navigate and the products like the famed Sakara chocolates and other snacks are worth checking out. On top of that, the website is easy to navigate and informative.
As anyone who glanced at the costs section of this article can easily see, Sakara plans are quite pricey, particularly the Detox Plan and the Brides plan.
But Sakara Life weight loss is a goal that has been met by customers who have followed the plan and have continue to follow a plant-based diet.
We think the freshness of the ingredients and Sakara’s commitment to help customers do a healthy reset of their system is worth it, but doing signature plan will probably add up for many.
Luckily, Sakara coupons are readily available on the company’s website, especially for new customers.
How to Order
Ordering from Sakara is very easy.
First, you’ll have to pick your plan and the number of days you’d like meals for per week. The site will then ask you for your zip code.
You’ll then be told your Sakara Life delivery day and when your plan will begin (you can change your start date if a later date would be easier for you at this time).
The system will then ask you to review your order so far and reiterate your selected plans, the type of meals (i.e. breakfast, lunch, and dinner) that you want and your scheduled start date.
Next, you’ll be asked if you want a recurring subscription or if you’d want a one-week trial (note that the one-week trial costs slightly more.)
After all of this is squared away you’ll finally be asked if you want to checkout. But first, Sakara Life will ask if you want to add any other products to your order.
Have you always wanted to try Sakara chocolate (or their Sakara hemp chocolate in particular?) Now’s the time to add it to your order.
You can also choose to add an order of Sakara Beauty Water or some Life Source Water to your order as well.
Confirm your order and your meals and products will soon be on their way!