You could order food from Omaha Steaks long before meal delivery services became popular. The company, which is known as “America’s original butcher,” has been around since 1917. Although they are recognized for their beef, Omaha Steaks has plenty of other delicious offerings.
How Does Omaha Steaks Work?
Omaha Steaks allows you to order a wide variety of food online. You can choose from several curated packages, which combine meats, sides and desserts. Some packages allow you to build your own combo by selecting items such as meat, grilling favorites, customer favorites, sides and desserts. Omaha steaks even offers full entrees, such as skillet and slow-cooker meals.
Customers aren’t restricted to purchasing packages. You can order a-la-carte items, including wine. With so many options available, ordering can be overwhelming if you’re not sure what you want. You can try a variety of items, though. You aren’t tied to a specific subscription.
The ordering process is simple. It works like any consumer website. Just put items in your cart, submit payment, and your shipment will be on its way to you.
You can order subscription boxes if you choose, however. Box plans include shipping and can be delivered monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly.
Does Omaha Steaks Provide Other Foods Besides, Well, Steak?
Omaha Steaks offers just about everything that you would need to cook a well-rounded meal. Options include:
• Steaks – Everything from flank to filet mignon, specialty steaks such as bison, veal and grass-fed beef, butcher’s services, king cuts and chicken fried steaks
• Meats – Gourmet burgers, franks, brats, sausages, roasts, poultry, ham, pork, lamb, ribs, bacon, steak snacks and beef jerky
• BBQ – Meats for the smoker, ready-to-eat items, grilling tools and accessories
• Seafood – More than 12 types of fish, shellfish and seafood entrees
• Meals – Thanksgiving dinner, custom meals, game day meals, smoking meals, one-step meals, slow-cooker meals, single-serve meals and skillet dinners
• Starters and sides – Appetizers, charcuterie, cooked vegetables, potato sides, specialty sides, soups, stews and toppers
• Desserts – Cakes, cheesecakes, pies, tarts, specialty desserts, dessert wines
• Wines – Reds, whites, sparkling wines, gift packs, gift baskets, wine accessories
• Gifts and business gifts – Gifts for different occasions, recipients, industries and budgets
• Pantry and cellar – Kitchen and prep items, seasoning and rubs, sauces, butters and glazes
What Might You Expect from Your Omaha Steaks Meals?
Many people have heard of Omaha Steaks, but you might be wondering what to expect from the company’s products. Omaha Steaks offer an excellent selection of high-quality foods. It’s a one-stop shop that features a bigger selection than almost every other online meal retailer.
The meat that the company offers is sourced from farmers in the U.S. The beef is tender and perfectly marbled. The private reserve meats are some of the best on the market. The company even features Wagyu beef, which is not always easy to find in every market.
Each cut arrives in individual, vacuum-sealed packaging within a cooler that’s filled with dry ice. You can transfer it to the freezer for storage or thaw it in the refrigerator to consume within 12 to 48 hours.
You’ll also get step-by-step cooking instructions. The website has plenty of recipes to help you find creative ways to prepare the items that you purchase.
If you order a meal, you’ll receive each one in its own package. Preparation is easy whether you choose a skillet meal, slow-cooker meal or another option.
Is There an Average Cost Per Serving or Category?
Omaha Steaks has packages and items for every budget. You won’t spend much more than you do at the grocery store for this level of quality. Buying from Omaha Steaks is also cheaper than dining at a steak house.
There is a wide variety of options for every budget. Omaha Steaks offers combo prices for purchasing packages. Those deals cut the price down by more than half, in many cases.
Here is a breakdown of the average prices per category:
• Private reserve beef – $50 per pound
• Steaks by the cut – Ranges depending on the cut. You can get a 1-pound package of filet mignon tips for $14.99 or two 18-ounce T-bones for $69.99.
• Poultry – A 10-pound turkey that serves eight people costs $69.99
• Seafood – Four 6-ounce salmon fillets with seafood rub cost $29.99
• Meals – A slow-cooker meal with pork, peppers, beans and rice costs $14.99 per package. A savory pot roast dinner for four costs $49.99.
Omaha Steaks also offers deals, including monthly specials and daily deals. You can often save money by purchasing bundles or multiple items at once.
Are There Shipping Costs?
Omaha Steaks’ shipping charges vary. The general shipping fee structure is based on the total price of your purchase. If your order costs less than $69.99, you’ll pay $17.99 for shipping. For orders up to $129.99, you’ll pay $19.99. Shipping for orders over $129.99 costs $21.99.
Orders arrive within 7 to 10 business days. You can pay more for express shipping options.
The company also offers free shipping with select orders. Look for a “Ships FREE” caption when making your purchases. Free shipping includes standard shipping. The company won’t ship to P.O. boxes or F.P.O. or A.P.O. addresses.
Holidays and Gift-Giving
You can order holiday meals from Omaha Steaks to make your gatherings easier to plan and prepare for. Some of the options include:
• Chateaubriand Holiday Dinner for eight people
• Christmas Ham Gift Package for eight people
• Prime Rib Christmas Banquet for eight people
• Oven-Ready Ham and Prime Rib Feast for eight people
• All-In-One Turkey Dinner for eight people
• Complete Holiday Dinner for eight people
Many of these dinners are customizable. You can also give these dinners as gifts for friends, family members and coworkers. When you order anything via Omaha Steaks, you have the option to select whether you’re purchasing for yourself or giving the items as a gift.
Pros and Cons of Omaha Steaks
Omaha Steaks sells some of the best meats out there. They’re packaged well and easy to handle when they arrive at their destination. The fact that the company tells you exactly how to prepare them and offers recipes makes it simple for anyone to craft a great meal.
So much care is taken during packaging. Meats are sealed at the peak of freshness and arrive frozen.
Some of the other benefits of using Omaha Steaks include:
• No subscription required
• Options for meals or a-la-carte items
• Rewards program
• Huge selection
Butcher services are a little more complicated to use than the regular offerings on the website. When you click on that option, you are brought to a page that asks you to contact Omaha Steaks to speak to an expert. The level of customer service is great. However, speaking to a representative may be inconvenient if you simply want to place a quick order online.
One of the other downfalls of Omaha Steaks is that the dessert options aren’t as wide-ranging as the other foods. However, the company is all about meat, and it does that well.
Food for Thought
Omaha Steaks offers something unique that many other grocery and meal services don’t offer. It’s more flexible than many subscription services. However, unless you order the prepared meals, you’ll have to get creative when putting together your dinner plan.
Still, Omaha Steaks is a great option for meat lovers who want high-quality meats and the convenience of door-to-door shipping. You pay for what you get. You’re not going to find bare-bones prices here, but the company strives to offer packages for every budget.