Known as the Festival of Lights, Hanukkah, also spelled as Chanukah, is observed for eight days and nights. Based on the Hebrew calendar, Hanukkah dates change from year to year since it goes by the lunar cycle. For 2020, Hanukkah begins in the evening of December 10 and ends in the evening of December 18.
Whether you want to celebrate in your own household or want to send a gift, we've rounded up our favorites for a quick go-to guide on what Hanukkah foodie gifts are available online.
Our roundup includes both traditional food choices, as well as those with modern twists and unconventional designs as well.
Table of Contents
Top 7 Places to Buy Food Gifts for Hanukkah
1. Goldbelly (Editor's Choice)
- Best Match For: Food enthusiasts who want a marketplace that can offer them exclusive and gourmet dishes, sweets, meats, meal kits, pizzas, and pretty much anything food-related.
- Commitment Level: One-time orders; 3, 6, 9, or 12 month subscriptions
- Availability: All 50 states
- Value: Prices and shipping fees vary depending on select items
- Type: A curated online marketplace of the best gourmet foods from small shops and restaurants across the nation.
Goldbelly is a perfect place to get your Hanukkah gifts as it offers a wide assortment of traditional foods and gifts. You can get anything from knishes, potato latkes, rugelach, chocolate-rich babka, matzo ball soup, chocolate gelt to bagels, donuts, cheesecakes, cookies, and other modern treats.
You can easily search for the perfect Hanukkah gift by sorting items by category, region, diet, and order date.
2. Harry & David
- Best Match For: People looking for unique gifts for every occasion, ranging from gourmet foods to gift of the month clubs.
- Commitment Level: No commitments - Order at any time; Subscription
- Availability: Anywhere in the US
- Value: Gift prices can vary significantly depending on what you choose; $6.99-$23.99 shipping fee for orders under $150; 16% shipping fee for orders over $150; Additional $9.99 charge for deliveries to Hawaii and Alaska; Additional $5.99 to PO Box deliveries
- Type: Exclusive gifts, gift baskets, fruit boxes, premium chocolates, baked goods, gourmet food, wine clubs, and more.
Harry & David is a perfect place to get gourmet Chanukah gifts like award-winning wine sets, pear baskets, rich rugelach, mixed nut box, festive cookies, chocolate boxes, and gift boxes filled with kosher goodies.
Each box is hand-made with a careful selection of treats that will help you celebrate this wonderful Jewish holiday. Sending a gift box is a perfect present for somebody you are not seeing this year.
3. Challah Connection
- Best match for: People looking for artisan-made Chanukah gifts.
Created as a challah delivery company, Challah Connection quickly turned into a gift company for all Jewish holidays. It is a perfect place to shop for traditional Hanukkah gifts or simply browse for ideas.
You can purchase anything from authentic sufganiyot, holiday latkes, Jewish apple cake, loving heart challah, to festival gift baskets.
4. Gourmet Gift Basket
- Best match for: Anyone looking for chocolate-covered Hanukkah treats.
With Gourmet Gift Basket’s Hanukkah selection, you can make this year’s holidays a little sweeter. You can choose between several gift towers, cookies, and delicious popcorn. From chocolate-covered Hanukkah treats to dried fruit, Gourmet Gift Basket is an excellent option for adding sweetness to your festival of lights.
5. Wolferman’s Bakery
- Best match for: People looking for an incredible selection of baked goods.
Wolferman’s Bakery has a long tradition of making delicious baked goods enjoyed by many. Their Hanukkah gift baskets are perfect for this occasion. You can shop freshly made scones, cookies, rich rugelach, English muffins, chocolate peppermint Bundt cake, bagels, signature baklava, and many Hanukkah gift baskets filled with delicious baked goods.
6. Oh! Nuts
- Best match for: Sweets-lovers who can’t live without candy and chocolate.
If somebody put a kid in Oh! Nuts store, they would probably think it’s a dreamland. And even though it is an online store, you can still order sweets and make this Hanukkah special for the little ones.
From traditional chocolate gelt, cookies, white candy to fancy sweets reserved for the adults, Oh! Nuts has it all. You can check their Hanukkah dreidel assortment, latkes, doughnuts, available gift boxes, toys, candles, and all other products that can make this holiday more memorable.
7. 1800 Baskets
- Best match for: People looking for free delivery for their Hanukkah gift box.
1800 Baskets is well known for its selection of extraordinary gift options. Their Hanukkah selection is slightly limited, but you can still purchase something nice for your family.
Fruit and sweets box, a pack of chocolate-covered Oreo cookies, and a 4-flavor cheesecake sampler are excellent options for everybody. And as Hanukkah approaches, they will surely add new top-quality kosher products on the list and help you celebrate in style.
Why Are Delivery Services Ideal for Buying Hanukkah Gifts?
Getting Hanukkah gifts is a special part of every kid’s life. If you have problems picking the right Hanukkah gift, buying online can really help you. You can spend a day or two looking for ideas, search different websites, sort products, acquire all information, and know that you are getting the ideal present for your friends or family.
Buying online saves you a lot of time and trouble, especially during these crazy times when the COVID-19 pandemic is still out of control. It’s important to stay safe.
And even if you are not going anywhere, you can still purchase a Hanukkah food gift for your loved one, and the company will ship it to them before Hanukkah starts.
The Bottom Line
This year Hanukkah starts on December 10th, and 8-day festivities finish on December 18th. Hanukkah is one of the most important Jewish holidays, and Goldbelly has a top-quality gift selection to help you celebrate it properly.
With over 100 different products, there is always something new to try, from rugelach, chocolate gelt, babka, knishes, white chocolate cookies, donuts, to latkes, bagels, matzo ball soup, and more.
Ordering is easy, the website is very user friendly, and Golbelly offers flexible service with free shipping.
Our #1 Recommendation