You know the feeling, it’s close to the daily 5 to 6 pm arsenic hour and the kids are tired and hungry. You’ve got to get dinner ready but the fridge is empty and the local grocery shop doesn’t stock any zabiha halal meat (or foods for that matter)…
Avoiding the above situation just got a lot easier with Boxed Halal, a meat delivery service that offers up, you guessed it, halal meats. Order online to stock up then kick back safe in the knowledge your freezer is stocked.
While we can’t believe it’s taken this long for zabiha halal meat delivery services to appear online, we’re happy it’s now a thing.
So what can you expect when you order halal meat on line from Boxed Halal? Here’s our review of this innovative halal meat service.
Boxed Halal At A Glance
- Best Match For: Anyone looking for premium HFSAA-certified halal meat, which guarantees cleanliness, humane treatment, and fresh products.
- Delivery Coverage: Delivery to all states in the US
- Pricing: Options from $99.99 – $299.99 depending on box type, and size
- Payment options: All major credit cards, Shop Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and Amazon Pay are accepted.
What is Boxed Halal and How Does It Work?
Boxed Halal is a meat delivery service, specializing in delivering high-quality, Halal meats right to your doorstep!
Boxed Halal offers a wide variety of halal meats including various cuts of:
- Deli Cuts
Boxed Halal prides itself on providing ethically sourced, Halal meats. Their meats are antibiotic and hormone-free, and are all hand slaughtered. Their fish is wild-caught and their chicken is free-range.
Their meats are carefully packaged in freezer-sealed bags to prevent freezer burn and kept in an insulated box packed with dry ice. Your meat is then delivered right to your door!
What to Expect from This Online Meat Delivery Service?
Food delivery services are becoming increasingly popular, all thanks to the flexibility they provide and the precious time they free up.
Boxed Halal is one of the first Halal meat delivery services in the US, sending high-quality meat right to your doorstep.
Boxed Halal offers curated boxes, which are pre-made with certain cuts of meat. There are various curated boxes to choose from, including:
- Lunch To Go Box: Containing cuts of salami, gyro strips, beef bacon, bologna and sausage
- Lamb Box: Contains rack of lamb, lamb ribs and lamb shank
- BBQ Box: Contains Polish sausage, hot dogs, flank steak and wagyu burgers
- Many more: Such as Thanksgiving Box, Goat Box, and Quick Dinner Box.
Build A Box
The Boxed Halal Build A Box option allows you to customize your box. You can choose from either 6 or 12 items, and then choose from a large list of options including:
- Chicken: Including chicken legs, drumsticks, breast, wings, tenders, thighs, or whole chicken
- Beef: Including beef bacon, mince, steaks, sausages, beef stew, burgers, salami, bologna or jerky
- Lamb: Including lamb racks, ribs, or shank.
- Fish: Including Cod, Snapper, Swordfish, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Salmon
- Goat: Including goat stew pieces.
Product packaging and delivery timeline
Boxed Halal sends all their meats packaged in freezer-sealed bags to prevent freezer burn. These bags are labeled and sent in an insulated box packed with dry ice to ensure the meat comes to your doorstep fresh.
Boxed Halal sends meat to all states in the US using FedEx.
The typical processing and delivery times are as follows:
- Direct Chicagoland: 1-2 Business Days
- Midwest: 3-4 Business Days
- East Coast: 5-7 Business Days
- West Coast: 5-7 Business Days
- South: 4-6 Business Days.
Customer support and returns policy
Boxed Halal can be contacted either over the phone or by email. If you are
unsatisfied with the products you receive, they do their best to resolve the issues!
This may include a replacement for the product, credit towards your next order,
or a partial/full refund on your items.
How Much Does Boxed Halal Cost?
Boxed Halal offers various options for curated boxes, along with building your own box.
If you want to build your own box, then the pricing will be:
|Items in a box||Price||Weight|
|6 items||$169.99||10-14 lbs|
|12 items||$299.99||15-20 lbs|
Similarly, for curated boxes, here’s the pricing:
|The Golden Balance Box||$165.00|
|Lunch To Go Box||$149.99|
|Quick Dinner Box||$149.99|
|Surf & Turf Box||$199.99|
Discounts or promotions
Boxed Halal has student discount options. Activating your student discount is as easy as signing up for their service and uploading a photo of your student ID.
Students can then receive 10% off all subscription meal boxes.
Certain curated boxes may also be discounted from time to time, so it is best to regularly check the website for discounts.
Let’s Talk About the Pros and Cons Of Boxed Halal
Boxed Halal takes away the stress of finding Halal meats in your area. Their delivery service gives you peace of mind and saves you precious time at the end of a long day.
We’ve tried Box Halal, to give you the best boxed halal review. Here are our pros and cons:
- High-quality meat that is hormone and antibiotic-free
- Fast, reliable shipping with excellent packaging to ensure freshness
- HFSAA Halal-certified
- Flexibility to choose your own meats
- Subscriptions are available to make shopping hassle-free.
- Only 2 sizes of Build Your Own Box are available.
My Personal Experience with Boxed Halal
I had read many, positive, boxed halal reviews before ordering from Boxed Halal. I too found myself impressed by both the service and standard of meat I received from Boxed Halal.
Their service was fast, the meat products available were diverse – and perhaps most importantly, the meat was delicious!
I opted for the Build My Box option and was impressed by the quality of the meats I received.
All meats were individually packaged and kept with dry ice, which means I never had to worry about their freshness.
I was pleased to see the website contained a variety of delicious Halal recipes. I made their Arayes Ground Lamb Dish using the lamb I ordered, which the whole family raved about for the next week!
Overall, I would be happy to order from Boxed Halal again, and recommend it to my friends and family.
Food for Thought
Hats off to Boxed Halal, the service was fast, the meat products available are diverse, and, perhaps most importantly, the meat was delicious. I used some of my delivery to make roast beef and some to whip up chicken nuggets for the kids — suffice to say both were wolfed down in no time.
Next time, I’ll be filling my cart up with some of the company’s other products such as the sliced roast chicken breast and the Ahi tuna steaks.