Few things breathe comfort food like a hearty, warming bowl of soup. But soups don't only signify consolidation or cold days. These Soup of the Month Club companies have shown that soups can be used for celebration, cleansing, camping, and anything in between!
A monthly soup subscription can also be a unique and personal gift to your coworkers or customers when you're after something slightly more nourishing than that usual chocolate box.
In this Soup of the Month Club review, we take the pulse on the best soup subscriptions offering nationwide (and sometimes even international!) delivery. Whether you fancy vegetables, lobster, cheese, or chicken, there's a soup subscription for you!
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top Soup of the Month Clubs
- 2 Eating Healthy Made Easy
- 3 Show Your Love with Soup
- 4 Why Sign Up for a Meal Subscription Service?
- 5 FAQS
- 6 Wrap Up
Our Top Soup of the Month Clubs
1 - Splendid Spoon (Editor's Choice)
- Best Match For: Health nuts obsessed with eating clean plant-based meals and drinking smoothies with no gluten, sugar, or artificial ingredients.
- Commitment Level: Subscription
- Availability: The contiguous US (No Alaska or Hawaii)
- Value: $65-$185/week; Shipping fees apply
- Type: Fully prepared flash-frozen meals, ready-to-drink smoothies, immune boosting shots, ready-to-eat soups
Splendid Spoon's mission is to make you equal healthy with tasty. Their tagline is "designed to change the way you think about food". The company offers meal delivery subscription with boxes for vegans and omnivores, jam-packed with nutrients and color.
Grab one of their low-sugar smoothies for breakfast on the go, have one of their veggie-loaded bowls or noodle dishes for easy lunch and dinner, and sip on a soup nurturing your body and soul. Opt for the light soups to get nourished while giving your digestive system a welcome reset.
Splendid Spoon takes out the hassle of healthy meal planning and is designed to get you into the habit of healthy eating without needing a degree in nutrition. Choose between over 50 ready-to-eat soups and dishes that will make your cells do a happy dance!
Take a closer look at Splendid Spoon with our full review.
2 - Goldbelly
- Best Match For: Food enthusiasts who want a marketplace that can offer them exclusive and gourmet dishes, sweets, meats, meal kits, pizzas, and pretty much anything food-related.
- Commitment Level: One-time orders; 3, 6, 9, or 12 month subscriptions
- Availability: All 50 states
- Value: Prices and shipping fees vary depending on select items
- Type: A curated online marketplace of the best gourmet foods from small shops and restaurants across the nation.
Goldbelly lets you buy soups in the format of a Soup of the Month Club from the country's top restaurants. Choose between more than 50 different soups – including categories such as vegan and kosher. The soups are shipped to you directly from the restaurants for optimal freshness.
Goldbelly is a platform for connecting people with the small-scale, gourmet restaurants they didn't know they loved. Their selection of restaurants is highly curated – each restaurant is quality-checked and the items taste-tested before being granted the stamp of approval.
You can sign up for a Goldbelly soup subscription of either 3, 6, or 12 months.
Read our full review for details of Goldbelly's subscription plans.
3 - Magic Kitchen
- Best Match For: People who need to follow a special diet, and want an extensive menu with delicious and nutritious ready-to-eat meals.
- Commitment Level: One time orders; Subscription with weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly delivery
- Availability: The continental US
- Value: $10-$14/meal; Shipping starts at $18.95
- Type: Fully prepared frozen meals, meal bundles, meal gifts, specialty eating plans, and more
Magic Kitchen produces small-batch soups with the finest ingredients. Their Soup of the Month Club focuses on creating meal programs for seniors so that people can make sure their parents are getting well-nourished with easy-to-prepare meals requiring little to no preparation – even when they live far away.
Their mission is to create tasty, healthy soups and educate people on how to eat in a way that fuels their bodies and minds. You can find soups specifically catering to different dietary preferences and allergies – such as gluten-free, low-carb, and vegetarian. Magic Kitchen also has meals for specific diseases, such as diabetes.
Subscriptions are for 7 days a week – choose between one, two, or three meals per day. Soups arrive at you frozen to consume at your convenience.
Check out our full review of Magic Kitchen for more info!
4 - Spoonful of Comfort
- Best match for: Those who wanna care for and nurture faraway friends and family with warm soups.
Spoonful of Comfort is on a mission to provide anyone who feels sad or ill with warm, nourishing, comforting soups. The perfect gift to take care of your loved ones, even at a distance!
Soup boxes contain soups, cookies, and bread rolls – and sometimes include an unexpected accessory such as a bandana or blanket. We especially like the Total TLC Package that comes with a cozy comfort throw, a warm/cool pack, and a bedside bell to ring when you're too comfortable to leave your bed.
You can shop by occasion – for example, housewarming or birthday – or choose a corporate box for a thoughtful and personalized gift.
Spoonful of Comfort also caters to allergies and diets, such as vegans. Contrary to some other countries, they do not offer a Soup of the Month club format – but instead lets you order as much as you want whenever you want.
5 - Proper Good
- Best Match For: Soup lovers looking for ready-to-eat soups with no added sugars and artificial ingredients, with a long shelf life.
- Commitment Level: One time orders; Subscription (15% off)
- Availability: The continental US
- Value: Choose the soups you want for $6.99-$7.99 per serving. When you purchase 6 pouches, you receive free shipping. You can also sign up for the Proper Good newsletter and receive a 10% discount on your first order. There are also referrals and other programs you can use to save a few dollars.
- Type: Ready-to-eat soups
Proper Good offer 90-second, delicious meals made by clean ingredients. Simply reheat and eat! The company is founded by siblings Chris and Jen and uses only whole foods and clean ingredients that you can pronounce.
They use a unique packaging that allows the soups to stay fresh for up to 8 months without keeping them cool. This makes Proper Good soups perfect for travels, camping, or bringing to your workplace. The Souperhero package contains all their different soups, while the other kits are suited for specific diets.
Proper Good offers monthly subscriptions – it's up to you to decide what you want to receive and how much. Subscribers get a discount on the soups so that you can sip more soups for less cents. You can easily edit your soups, shipping frequency, or cancel your subscription from your account.
6 - Raw Generation
- Best Match For: Anyone looking to try a juice cleanse with raw, unpasteurized, cold-pressed juices made with seasonal fruits and veggies.
- Commitment Level: One time purchase; Subscription (10% off)
- Availability: The continental US
- Value: $230/3-day bundle; Free shipping
- Type: Raw cold-pressed juices
Raw Generation is your go-to company for all things juice cleanse and healthy soups. Soups can easily be reheated in a small saucepan or microwaved.
The soups arrive frozen, so there's no rush to eat them – you can store them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator a day or two before eating to preserve all the nutrients, and you have a soup magically tasting like it's made fresh!
How about luscious flavors like Thai coconut, with creamy coconut milk and spices, tomato-based tangy red pepper soup, or a warming carrot ginger soup?
The Raw Generation subscription service also offers cold-pressed juices and boxes filled to the brim with fruits and vegetables in all colors of the rainbow. Your perfect match if you feel for a juice cleanse!
7 - SendaMeal
- Best Match For: People looking to celebrate any occasion with unique, high-quality food gifts that will bring a smile to every foodie’s face.
- Commitment Level: No commitments - Order at any time
- Availability: All 50 states
- Value: $14.95-$150/meal; Free shipping on certain products
- Type: Meal gift marketplace with fully prepared frozen meals, soups, desserts, live lobsters, premium steaks, meal of the month gift, and more.
SendaMeal acts as a connection platform matching the right person with the right restaurant. Choose between tons of restaurants from all over the country!
Buy your soups once, or join their Soup of the Month club for three or six months. You can also gift a membership to the Soup of the Month club. Soups arrive at you frozen with dry ice, which is easy to take care of. Simply reheat in a microwave or in a pan, and you have a hearty, warming dinner ready!
Some examples of the soups you can savor from SendaMeal are chicken soup, lobster soup, and broccoli soup.
Choose meals serving two or four people. There are no minimum orders – get as little or as much as you want. With SendaMeal, you can also select your delivery day. Freedom is the best spice!
8 - Month Club Store
- Best match for: The foodie wanting to discover more exclusive soups with the convenience of a monthly delivery.
Month Club Store specializes in selected soups from small producers. You will most likely not find their soups in the supermarket or local grocery store. Soups are accepted into their assortment based on two criteria: uniqueness and quality.
With the Soup of the Month Club from the Month Club Store, you get two or three different soup mixes delivered to your door every month. Each soup has at least four servings. For most soups you just need to add water – but sometimes you might need an extra ingredient.
Choose between 3, 6, 9, or 12 months. You can always gift a membership for a delicious gift that keeps on giving! Month Club Store offers the possibility to add a personalized greeting to the lucky recipient.
9 - Rockin the Ladle
- Best match for: Those wanting healthy premium soups cooked with love by a small business with a big heart.
Rockin the Ladle is a passion-driven soup delivery company with a personal feeling to it. Their tagline is "The soup that makes you sing", and the founders are fond fans of classic rock. In other words – these soups will rock your day!
Rockin the Ladle is fuelled by a love for locally sourced, sustainable food – the soups in their selection are healthy and in season. Most soups are already gluten-free and vegetarian and can be made vegan or fit to other diets upon request.
They have launched a campaign called Rock Your Smile, supporting patients undergoing cancer treatment. Compared to mega-platforms, this might be a small company – but one with a big heart!
Eating Healthy Made Easy
Knowing what to eat to nourish and nurture your body properly isn't always an easy task. That's why meal subscription services such as a soup subscription can come in handy!
Most companies offer the possibility to check the nutritional information on their website for complete transparency to know what goes into your beautiful system. Recipes are often thoughtfully composed to have a good balance between nutrients. No need to be a dietitian optimize your health through your plate!
Show Your Love with Soup
Coming over with hot soup is the classic way of showing that you care for someone who's sick or going through tough times. If your grandma lives in another state, or you have faraway friends or family feeling unwell, it's easier said than done. But there's a solution spelled soup subscription!
Send a package of colorful soups full of flavor, flavonoids, and healthy fat as a virtual warm hug. Orders can often be personalized with a gift card and greeting to the lucky recipient.
The companies covered in this article have shipping nationwide (or at least in the continental US), with some of them even shipping overseas.
Why Sign Up for a Meal Subscription Service?
Apart from the benefit of getting healthy, well-balanced food, a meal subscription service is an immense time-saver. Imagine not having to meal plan, navigate the crowds at the grocery store, prep, cook, and take care of the cleanup. There are many fun things to do with that extra time!
Meal subscriptions are also a wonderful way of getting out of a cooking rut since they let you try out new, exciting recipes and flavors you might never have thought of. Tastes also make more lasting memories than most other sensory impressions.
Cooking some Mexican will reminisce of holidays, or have you dream about coming ones. Here's to travel the world without leaving your dinner table!
Which the best Soup of the Month Club is depends on what you're after.
Fancy healthy, homemade soups from a smaller company? Rockin the Ladle might be your perfect match!
Want all-vegan, antioxidant crammed soups? Raw Generation and Splendid Spoon are both good fits.
Proper Good is a great option for healthy soups that you can bring without the need to freeze or refrigerate. Magic Kitchen and Spoonful of Comfort profile themselves on sending soups to someone you care about who lives far away.
Some do! If you are vegan or vegetarian, check out Raw Generation and Splendid Spoon, which are 100% vegan. Rockin the Ladle can make all soups vegan or fit into your dietary preferences.
If the exclusive and extraordinary are your bowl of soup, Month Club Store has a selection of gourmet soups. Goldbelly works with hand-picked suppliers in the form of the country's high-end soup restaurants.
The variety of flavors and options makes it easier than ever to find the perfect soup subscription match online. With deliveries directly to your door, cooking up a warming soup is a simple task – no more planning, going to the grocery store, meal prep, nutrition calculations, or cumbersome cleanup!
You can also gift a membership as a soup-rise to a loved one – one that lasts for months and makes their life a little easier! Whether you're after a soup to comfort someone or celebrate your wins, a membership in a Soup of the Month Club makes life a little more fluid.
Our #1 Recommendation