It's hard to deny the thrill that comes from seeing restaurant-quality fish or shellfish on your dinner table. Wild caught seafood is a delicious meal choice packed with protein. However, it can be challenging to find good, fresh sea foods near you.
Seafood subscription boxes are the perfect way to get the freshest seafood delivered from the Atlantic to your door. You can satisfy your cravings for anything from tuna to bass to crab cakes without leaving home. With subscription boxes, folks get a hassle-free way to make amazing food every month.
We listed the best seafood subscription boxes below so that you can find the right seafood box for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Fish Subscriptions & Seafood Delivery Services
- 2 Subscription Boxes - The Difference Between Fresh and Frozen
- 3 FAQS
- 4 What is Our #1 Recommended Seafood Subscription?
Best Fish Subscriptions & Seafood Delivery Services
1 - Vital Choice (Editor's Choice)
- Best Match For: People looking for a large selection of sustainably caught seafood, organic foods, marine-sourced supplements, and more.
- Commitment Level: One time purchase; Subscription
- Availability: All 50 states
- Value: $129-$199/month for subscriptions; Free shipping to the continental US on orders over $99
- Type: Frozen fish, meat, and seafood, canned fish, organic foods, and dietary supplements
Vital Choice offers monthly seafood subscription boxes where you can get sustainably-caught seafood.
Vital Box is their monthly curated box full of sustainable wild seafood that is shipped in an eco friendly insulated box with free shipping.
With Vital Choice, you can choose from three different subscription boxes:
- wild salmon box
- wild wish box
- wild seafood box
The boxes vary in product offerings and recipe-ready portions but the whichever box you with, you will have plenty of food to last you every month.
2 - LobsterAnywhere
- Best Match For: People searching for the freshest premium-quality lobsters and seafood from Maine, surf and turf dinners, lobster chowders, and more.
- Commitment Level: People searching for the freshest premium-quality lobsters and seafood from Maine, surf and turf dinners, lobster chowders, and more.
- Availability: The contiguous US (including some parts of Alaska and Hawaii)
- Value: Starting at $29.99/portion; Shipping starts at $29
- Type: Premium fresh lobsters, seafood, ready-to-eat soups, and gourmet surf and turf packages
True to its name, LobsterAnywhere sends its products from the United States lobster capital—Maine.
You will not only get lobster here; they also deliver cooked lobster meat, lobster rolls, New England clam chowder, bisque, and lobster tails along with much, MUCH more.
And get this... they even ship LIVE LOBSTERS!
They deliver lobster to just about every state in USA.
3 - SizzleFish
- Best Match For: Families looking to bring more sustainably sourced seafood and fish into their diets without breaking the budget.
- Commitment Level: Subscription
- Availability: The contiguous US (No Alaska or Hawaii)
- Value: $7.99-$8.99/serving; Free shipping
- Type: Wild-caught or farm-raised frozen fish and seafood
SizzleFish ships subscription boxes of wild caught fish and shellfish to your door in vacuum-sealed packaging. There are three boxes to choose from, and each box contains a variety of products.
With the SizzleFish prime subscription, you can choose from crab cakes, wild sockeye salmon, sea scallops, and more in your subscription boxes.
The best part about SizzleFish is that you can customize your own subscription boxes. Then, you get 14 cuts of your fish delivered and ready to cook.
4 - Fulton Fish Market
Best match for: Environmentally conscious consumers.
The Fulton Fish Market subscription boxes are called The Fish Drop.
Your shipment comes directly from fishers on regulated waters in an NYC market. This company delivers all sorts of catches and subscription boxes to restaurants and chefs around the country.
They have many subscription boxes to pick from at great prices. Get just two servings or even eight or nine.
You can also choose a delivery scheduled at your convenience: weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
5 - The Crab Place
- Best Match For: Seafood lovers searching for domestically sourced live or freshly-caught crabs and seafood.
- Commitment Level: No commitments - Order at any time
- Availability: All 50 states
- Value: Prices start at around $20/lb of wild-caught salmon, and go up depending on what you choose; Shipping fees start at $19.95
- Type: Maryland crabs, seafood, fish, kitchen tools, seasonings, and more
Subscription boxes from The Crab Place come from the Maryland coast to your doorstep. You can order live or steamed crabs no matter where you are in the United States. Their subscription boxes selection includes:
To ensure the best results, The Crab Place shipments include only same-day catches. As a customer, you have the option to subscribe to the VIP club to enjoy free shipping.
6 - Wild Alaskan Company
Best match for: Fans of wild caught seafood.
When it comes to quality seafood, you don't always get what you want at your local grocery stores.
Wild Alaskan Company subscription boxes offer all types of meats and plans.
You can choose a white fish plan, get sockeye salmon, or pick the combo plan subscription boxes.
These subscription boxes arrive at your door in sustainable packaging with minimal plastic, so they don't hurt the planet.
The box is made of recyclable materials, and the insulation foam is compostable.
7 - Maine Lobster Now
Best match for: Someone looking for a comprehensive, one-time delivery.
Maine Lobster Now is a company located in Portland, Maine. The founder wants to provide fresh seafood experiences and subscription boxes to people who do not live in a coastal area.
The products in your order come directly from fishermen in Maint's local seafood industry.
Maine Lobster Now also offers gourmet options for meats, soups, and desserts.
At market price, you can add an assortment of items to your box such as swordfish, tuna, and snapper.
They also sell handy supplies to help you eat and prepare your lobster.
8 - Lobster Gram
Best match for: People who want minimal preparation.
Also from Maine, Lobster Gram is the perfect place to find everything you need for a phenomenal meal.
You can get black cod, halibut, sides, beef, mussels, and other add-ons for yourself or a friend.
Lobster Gram also has helpful cooking guides and videos if you are new to preparing lobster.
9 - Ocean Box
Best match for: Flexible shipping options.
Ocean Box gets subscription boxes to you within three days of the seafood catch.
You can choose the delivery date that works for you so that you don't have to worry about missing your delivery. You can easily email their customer service team if you have any issues with your boxes.
Get an idea of how to use your fish selections from your favorite recipes for some at-home luxury dining.
10 - Sea to Table
Best match for: Those seeking transparency with their food source.
If you feel limited in your seafood choices at home, Sea To Table subscription boxes are a perfect way to solve that problem.
Every case of fish comes with a label, so you know exactly where it's from.
All of their subscription boxes come from American fisheries, and it's cool to see exactly which boat caught your snack.
Best match for: Community-oriented foodies.
Sitka subscription boxes come from one of the best places to find king salmon: Southeast Alaska. The cool part about this seafood service is that a collective of local fishermen own it and get a share of the commission.
When you become a member of Sitka, you get a share of that catch from a fishing family every month.
Subscription Boxes - The Difference Between Fresh and Frozen
When you look through subscription boxes, you will see different methods of delivery. The truth is, many people have their own opinion on the best way to ship fish around the world.
Fresh fish isn't always better than frozen. Flash-freezing allows fish companies to maintain their taste and freshness until they reach your table. If you live far from a coast or lake, the "fresh" fish in your grocery store was probably frozen.
If you aren't ready for subscription boxes, check your local grocer or market for fresh food. When you do, be sure to ask questions about the origin and freshness of the food.
When buying seafood, you can look for seafood delivery near me or check out one of the many subscription boxes above. Some tips for ensuring freshness are:
- Only use seafood that arrived cool to the touch.
- Check for discoloration and odors.
- Check the rating for the service and make sure the location has a license.
Seafood is a thing that you do not want to buy from just anywhere. It's best to buy it from a reputable and sustainable source. Find out the origins of your food subscription boxes, and note whether it is farm-raised or wild-caught.
What is Our #1 Recommended Seafood Subscription?
Seafood is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, and you want to integrate it into your diet. If you're looking for delivery near me seafood, then you should try one of the above subscription boxes to introduce a new type of convenience into your kitchen.
We chose Vital Choice as our number one subscription because of its ease of use and phenomenal options. In addition to premium wild seafood, you can get chicken, seasonings, and even supplements. There are so many ways to alter these subscription boxes to make sure they meet your needs.
Our #1 Recommendation