New parents have a lot on their plate, and sometimes healthy meals are not one of the things. In addition to the regular stressors of life, now they have to handle an adorable, time-consuming new baby. Because of this new development, mealtime can seem like an even bigger hassle. And, when you're concerned with taking care of someone else, self-care can get sent to the backburner.
Fortunately, there are meal delivery services that provide great meals for parents as well as some that provide baby food. Here are some of our top picks for a new mom meal meal delivery service.
Best Meal Delivery for New Parents
Best Overall in Convenience and Nutrition: Daily Harvest
Quickest, Most Delicious Homemade Meal Option: Gobble
Best Option for Grocery Delivery: Misfits Market
Best Option for Parents Who, Aside from Their Newborn, Have Other Kids to Feed: Tiny Organics
Our Top Meal Delivery New Parents
1. Daily Harvest (Editor's Choice)
- Best Match For: Vegans and other people searching for a convenient source of chef-prepared nutritious meals based on mostly organic fruits and veggies.
- Commitment Level: Subscription with weekly or monthly delivery
- Availability: The continental US
- Value: $5.99-$8.99/serving; Free delivery
- Type: Fully prepared plant-based frozen meals, soups, desserts, snacks, and more.
Daily Harvest allows you to start or continue your day with items that you know are healthy and quick to prepare.
They deliver chef-crafted food right to you that are built on fruits and veggies.
You have a long list of choices including smoothies, soups, flatbreads, oat bowls, snacks, and more that are convenient as well as nourishing.
To start a meal plan, you'll need to pick how many items you want as well as your delivery frequency.
Read our review of Daily Harvest to learn more.
- Best Match For: Busy people who want to cook delicious 15-minute dinners with thoughtfully sourced ingredients and chef-designed recipes.
- Commitment Level: Subscription
- Availability: The continental US except for Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and parts of Nebraska and New Mexico
- Value: $11.99/meal; $6.99 shipping fee
- Type: Fresh meal kits (cooked in 15 minutes)
Gobble offers a personalized meal plan that allows you to make dinner in 15 minutes. In addition to a regular dinner plan, they also have lean and clean meal kits which are made of healthy fats, and proteins, and are always under 600 calories.
The dinner kits come with all of the ingredients prepped. For example, everything you need to use will be peeled, diced, and marinated so that you can simply pop your ingredients in the oven and have dinner quickly.
Not only do you save time with making a great and interesting dinner, but you save time cleaning up in the kitchen. Each week, you pick your meals from their rotating weekly menu.
3. Misfits Market
- Best Match For: Individuals concerned about food waste, seeking a delivery service that brings organic produce and sustainably sourced pantry items at an affordable price.
- Commitment Level: Subscription
- Availability: Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, Ohio, West Virginia, Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, and parts of Nevada, and Massachusetts
- Value: $22-$35/box; $5.50 shipping fee
- Type: Organic produce, sustainable pantry items, and high-quality groceries
Misfits Market allows you to get groceries delivered right to your door of all organic produce and sustainably sourced items. You can build your meal box based on your preferences, and every week you will get an assortment of organic vegetables and fruits as well as any pantry staples and dry goods that you add to your order.
Misfits Market sources groceries that would potentially go to waste because of their appearance or because of surplus. Some of your items may be weirdly shaped, have blemishes, or be too big or too small. However, everything tastes fine and fresh and you will appreciate the money and time that you save.
Read our full Misfits Market review.
4. Tiny Organics
- Best Match For: Parents whose babies are ready to move to plant-based textured finger foods made with organic ingredients.
- Commitment Level: Subscription
- Availability: The contiguous US (No Alaska or Hawaii)
- Value: If you select a 12-meal plan, you will pay $5.49 per serving, while a 24-meal plan stands at $4.69 per serving. There is also a $5.99 shipping and handling fee.
- Type: Plant-based frozen baby and toddler foods
With Tiny Organics, you can be prepared for your baby to grow old. Tiny offers meals that are plant-based, non-GMO, all organic, and freshly prepared for babies and toddlers from 8 months old to 3 years old. There's no prep required on your part, mom and dad! All you have to do is microwave then and let them cool to your desired temperature for your child.
All of the meals are free of the big 8 allergens, and everything is textured finger food for your baby to eat by themselves. You can customize how many packs you want in your order as well as how often you want your delivery. Tiny Organics even offers tiny lactation bites, which allow you to feed yourself while you feed your baby.
When someone has a new baby, they have a lot less free time on their hands. If you're bringing a gift, get them something that helps them save energy, such as a gift box of meals, cleaning products, or baby bottles.
Nothing says congratulations like a nice meal service or gift basket. There are several meal delivery services that are a great package for parents, such as Daily Harvest, Gobble, and Freshly.
One of the best gifts can be a meal kitor meal delivery service to make dinner time easy. Consider buying new moms and dads gift cards or subscriptions to get entrees, desserts, and treats. Then, they can spend less time cooking and more time with their newborn.
In Review - Meals for a New Mom or Dad
A meal delivery service is the perfect thing to get to find a meal for new mom or dad. A subscription allows you to try new types of cuisine and bring a fun experience to the table for everyone. With Daily Harvest, you can get premium meals that are suitable for a healthy lifestyle.
Their plans don't require chopping, going to the store, or following complicated instructions. With breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and even coffee) out of the way, new parents can focus on their new baby.
Our #1 Recommendation