One of the best parts of traveling is tasting new cuisine. These days, you can access international food in all sorts of ways. You can get shipping subscriptions for bags of coffee and souvenirs from any country. But, what about snack items?
Fortunately, you can get a box of snacks from around the world sent to your doorstep every month. It's all the fun of traveling to a different country without any of the dizzying flights! No matter your taste, you can find a snack subscription that accommodates fun options for snacks from Asia to Europe.
Thanks to this idea, expats now have no problem getting a box of their favorite snacks. Anyone can get in on the experience. There is even a way to find an international box that meats your health needs.
Our Top International Snack Box Subscriptions
1 - The Universal Yums (Editor's Choice)
- Best Match For: Adventurers looking to travel the world of snacks with delicious sweet and salty treats from a different country each month.
- Commitment Level: Monthly subscription
- Availability: Everywhere in the US, Canada, Australia, UK, and Israel
- Value: $14.67-$37.58/box; Free shipping to the contiguous US
- Type: A monthly box with ready-to-eat snacks from around the world
With a monthly subscription, there is a way to enjoy snacks from a different country every month. Each monthly box includes fun items like an informational booklet filled with trivia and games. You also get a snack scorecard to help you keep a list of your favorites.
The snacks from this company are diverse, and all their boxes come with a mix of sweet and salty snacks. Enjoy cookies, candies, chips, biscuits, and more from places like Thailand, Scandinavia, France, The Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. You never know which country you'll get next, which is part of the excitement.
Yum boxes also make amazing gifts. The Universal Yums website allows you to easily send snack boxes as gifts to your friends and family. The first box ships after you order and the next one ships on the 15th of each month. You get to choose from three box size options depending on how heavily you want to munch, including the Yum Yum box and Super Yum box.
2 - CrateJoy
- Best Match For: People looking for a marketplace where they’ll be able to find a gift subscription box for every occasion, person, interest, or hobby.
- Commitment Level: Subscription; One-time purchase
- Availability: All 50 states
- Value: $2.08-$199.99/month; Additional shipping fees depending on the location
- Type: A unique marketplace for gifts and subscription boxes.
CrateJoy is a site that offers subscription boxes for almost all of your needs. CrateJoy has a wide variety of snack subscription boxes and crates as well as chocolate, tea and coffee, wine, meals, peanuts, and spices subscriptions. You can read our full CrateJoy review to learn more, but their international snack selection includes:
3 - Try the World
- Best Match For: Adventurers looking to explore the international world of authentic gourmet foods, ingredients, and delicious snacks and learn more about different cuisines and cultures.
- Commitment Level: One time orders; Subscription
- Availability: Everywhere in the US and Canada
- Value: An international gourmet food subscription box costs $49 per month, while you can get a snack box for $29 per month. If you choose a longer-term subscription, you receive a discount. Shipping is free to the contiguous US on all subscriptions.
- Type: Monthly box of international gourmet foods and snacks
As the name suggests, these subscription boxes come with six snacks from six different countries every month.
Their snacks are all-natural, so you can feel great while eating what you like. The company partners with small producers, and you get to learn about the techniques behind every product.
Although you can't choose what's in your box, Try The World lists customer favorites on their site so you can know what you're getting into.
Some examples are butter cookies from France, banana pieces from Thailand, and toffee from Africa. When you get a snack, you can see information about the local producer as well as information about the ingredients.
4 - MunchPak
- Best Match For: Adventurers looking to try the most popular tastiest snacks from around the world through an affordable subscription service with fast delivery.
- Commitment Level: Subscription
- Availability: US, Australia, Canada, France, Israel, Netherlands, and Sweden.
- Value: You can choose whether you want your monthly box to contain 5, 10, or 20 snacks. Depending on that and your subscription duration, you can expect to pay $9.95-$43.95 for each shipment. Delivery is free.
- Type: Monthly boxes with international ready-to-eat snacks
MunchPak is another comprehensive option for sampling different places at once. Every delivery to your door contains a variety of gummies, nuts, crackers, and other goodies. Your shipment comes with a travel guide, which tells you fun facts about the countries.
The company has three different sizes for your monthly subscription boxes. You can even add a drink to the two larger options. We love this subscription service because they ship on any weekday, meaning you get your order quickly. Every box is a surprise, and your snacks will never repeat.
Now you're probably thinking, "but how can I reorder the snacks I'm a fan of?" They have that covered with their online store and their app. You can scan the barcode of any item and the app will let you leave a review, see a description, and buy it again.
5 - Bokksu
- Best Match For: People wanting to experience a part of Japan’s vibrant culture through authentic Japanese gourmet snacks, candies, and tea pairings from small artisan shops.
- Commitment Level: Monthly subscription; One-time orders; 3, 6, or 12-month gift boxes
- Availability: Over 75 countries, including the US
- Value: $39.95-$49.95/monthly box; Free shipping for subscription boxes; A minimal $4.95 shipping fee for other orders
- Type: Traditional Japanese ready-to-eat snacks, candies, and premium tea pairings
If you love Japanese snacks, Bokksu is the monthly subscription for you. The best part about this international snacking service is that you can a theme with every one.
Your first box will have a "seasons of Japan" theme, where you'll get a taste of Japan all year round. Plus, all boxed snacks come with a hand-selected tea pairing.
You'll munch on Japanese items like edamame senbei, sake candy, dondon yaki, mochi, and pear fromage biscuits. Each box is full of handcrafted, gourmet products. Subscribers also get cool perks from your membership such as exclusive content, sales, and lots of other extras.
The company lets you choose your pricing plan at checkout. Pay for the whole year or choose to pay monthly. If you want to taste the flavors first, order their sample box before you commit.
6 - Snack Crate
- Best Match For: Adventurers looking to experience other cultures through a monthly box full of the most popular snacks from a different country.
- Commitment Level: Monthly subscription
- Availability: Anywhere in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and Malta
- Value: Starting at $9.99
- Type: A monthly snack box from around the world
SnackCrate gives you an adventure around the world through food. You get a different country with your monthly subscription, filled with the best snacks in each region. Some of their past subscription boxes have come from Korea, Canada, Australia, and other cultures. You can also add beverages to your purchases if you're into that sort of thing.
Every snackbox is a surprise. However, if you want to stock up on some selections, you can order something online. Their shop features an assortment of goodies. The categories include everything from chocolate bars to candies to savory snacks like beef jerky.
The shipment sizes range from mini box to premium box. You can also earn rewards just for bringing snack crates to your table. Customers in the U S can refer a friend or family member for special deals and stuff.
Making the Most of Your International Snacks
Snack subscription boxes filled with goodies from around the world are any foodie's dream. You can get anything delivered to your door from Asian snacks to French macarons. However, there is a way to turn any monthly subscription from a simple snack time to a life-changing experience.
Some tips for enjoying your international snacks on a monthly basis are:
The best snacks depend on your preferences, of course. However, one subscription service with plenty of variety is Universal Yum. You get to experience a selection of locally-sourced snacks from a different country all over the world. The crate ships at the same time every month so you have plenty of notice of when you're next snacking chance will arrive.
We love our top pick because it's easy to use (just enter your email address), and the company answers all your questions quickly. You can also take advantage of their Instagram community and leave comments about your snacks or share photos.
However, all the others on this list have their advantages. Whichever monthly subscription you choose, you'll get info about countries across the globe along with the best candy, chocolate, biscuits, and other foods. Make sure your box choice has shipping to your area U S and items that you love.
Some of the snack companies on this list have a special opportunity for those who refer their subscriptions to others. For example, Snack Crate gives you a $10 commission for referring friends. For a chance at a free box, make a point to tell your friends about your snack nation experience. For more details on this coupon feature, check the frequently asked questions links.
Yes. As a supplier of international snacks, the company gets its snacks from trusted brands directly from the source. They also provide updates on every aspect of their practices, and they have a food and safety team. If you have a question about your subscription boxes or shipping, you can get more info on their site.
Review - Best Snacks From Around the World
When you can't leave your home country, know that there is still a way to get snacks and candies from other countries. A snack subscription ships crates of snacks right to you, saving you a trip overseas. These subscription boxes are also great for expats who miss the flavors of items from outside the U S.
You can find all the snacking categories you want, and even include a drink. If you really want a healthy amount of thrill for your money, check out our top pick. You get a blend of snacks from different countries, predictable shipping, and cool info about other cultures. Get their premium box and fill your cupboard to the brim with snacks.
The Universal Yums
Our #1 Recommendation