We understand that there won't be big holiday gatherings this year but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a holiday spread with your immediate household. Thanks to the numerous meat butchers and purveyors that sell online, you and your loved ones can enjoy top-quality meat.
Check our selection of best holiday meat delivery services, and see why they are the perfect option for this season.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Holiday Meat and Roast Delivery Services
- 2 How to Ensure Food Safety When Roasting Meat
- 3 FAQS
- 4 Happy Holidays
Best Holiday Meat and Roast Delivery Services
1 - Porter Road (Editor's Choice)
Best match for: People looking for 100% humanely raised meat grown in the US.
Porter Road works with small and family-owned farms from Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee, to offer you some of the best US-grown meat. All animals can roam around freely on a pasture. They are raised as humanly as possible, with no added antibiotics or hormones, which results in darker and more delicious meat.
Their holiday specials include a whole turkey in different sizes, pork loin roast, rib roast, strip loin roast, bone-in lamb leg, beef tenderloin, and several boxes with a selection of various meats.
2 - Crowd Cow
- Best Match For: People looking for premium-quality meats, from sustainably raised seafood to ethically treated animals on farms.
- Commitment Level: One-time purchase; Subscription (5% off)
- Availability: The contiguous US (No Alaska or Hawaii)
- Value: $4-$160/meat package; Members get free delivery for orders over $99
- Type: Frozen premium meat cuts
The company successfully collaborates with small farms around the US and the world to bring you a selection of delicious meat options. You can get anything from pasture-raised beef, pork, chicken, seafood, exclusive American and Japanese Wagyu steaks, and more.
Their holiday selection features prime rib roast, lamb loin roast, whole turkey, chuck roast, pasture-raised whole chicken, rump roast, boneless leg of lamb, Japanese A5 Wagyu striploin, Japanese A5 Wagyu center cut New York Strip, and more. The meat is tender and delicious, and you can find some incredible holiday roast recipes and unique seasoning rubs on their website for the ultimate holiday meal.
3 - Omaha Steaks
- Best Match For: Meat-lovers looking for a meat purveyor with a long tradition of quality, impeccable service, and extensive selection.
- Commitment Level: No commitments - Order at any time
- Availability: All 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands
- Value: Prices start at $11.99/meat pack and can go up to several hundred dollars depending on the meat package; Minimum order of $100 required; Shipping fees apply
- Type: Fine quality meats, poultry, seafood, fully prepared frozen meals, starters, and sides, ready-to-eat desserts, wines, premium gifts, seasonings, and more.
Also known as “America’s original butcher,” Omaha Steaks has been in business since 1917. With a tradition of over 100 years, it is clear they are doing something right.
Although their primary focus is quality beef and steaks, Omaha Steaks also offers chicken, pork, turkey, veal, ribs, roasts, and many other products like wines and desserts.
As long as special offerings go, Omaha Steaks have a tailor-made Thanksgiving dinner for eight, build your own family or Thanksgiving feast, and more special combos featuring different roasts and cuts.
4 - Chicago Steak Company
Best match for: People looking for a perfect centerpiece for their holiday feast.
Chicago Steak Company manages to combine the old-style dry-aging methods with USDA Prime beef to offer some of the most delicious pieces of meat you will ever try. And you can really see all the effort they put into raising animals and the whole production process with incredible marbling, juiciness, and flavor of each cut.
You can order a perfect centerpiece for your family feast in the form of pork roast, beef roast, glazed ham, turkey, ribs, and more.
5 - Send a Meal
- Best Match For: People looking to celebrate any occasion with unique, high-quality food gifts that will bring a smile to every foodie’s face.
- Commitment Level: No commitments - Order at any time
- Availability: All 50 states
- Value: $14.95-$150/meal; Free shipping on certain products
- Type: Meal gift marketplace with fully prepared frozen meals, soups, desserts, live lobsters, premium steaks, meal of the month gift, and more.
If you are looking for variety, Send a Meal has an extensive menu with everything from pasta, soups, vegan dishes, diabetic-friendly meals to beautiful meats.
Their Holiday by Request meal combo consists of 4 lbs Chateaubriand roast, two side dishes, and a dessert of your choosing. There is also an option to create your holiday combo or order one of the pre-made menus, including the classic Thanksgiving turkey feast, specialty ham holiday dinner, and others.
Each meal comes with info about serving size, nutritional facts, and a quick meal preparation guide. You just need an oven, stovetop, roasting pan, and a few kitchen supplies, and you are ready to go.
6 - Harry & David
- Best Match For: People looking for unique gifts for every occasion, ranging from gourmet foods to gift of the month clubs.
- Commitment Level: No commitments - Order at any time; Subscription
- Availability: Anywhere in the US
- Value: Gift prices can vary significantly depending on what you choose; $6.99-$23.99 shipping fee for orders under $150; 16% shipping fee for orders over $150; Additional $9.99 charge for deliveries to Hawaii and Alaska; Additional $5.99 to PO Box deliveries
- Type: Exclusive gifts, gift baskets, fruit boxes, premium chocolates, baked goods, gourmet food, wine clubs, and more.
Harry & David is a website that can help people find a perfect gift for every occasion. It can also help you make an ideal meal for a special occasion as it offers gourmet holiday roasts and prepared dinners.
For instance, their Gourmet Prime Rib Feast is delicious and comes with memorable side dishes.
The best thing is that you won’t have to spend hours shopping and cooking, as everything comes prepared, and all you need to do is pop it in the oven, and it will be ready to serve in no time.
Harry & David also offer Gourmet Ham Dinner, Gourmet Turkey Feast, Stuffed Pork Loin, Prime Rib Roast, Pork Roast, and many more.
7 - Meat N’ Bone
Best match for: People set on having a holiday prime rib roast.
Meat N’ Bone works with more than 35 farms from the Midwest, as well as Australia and Japan. Even though they are relatively new, their sourcing methods and meat quality are fantastic.
You can find some incredible roasts in the Meat N’ Bone’s excellent meat selection. The choices mostly include prime rib roast, with boneless, bone-in, tomahawk, and Wagyu-Angus cross options. You can also order a bone-in pork ham.
8 - Holy Grail Steak Co.
Best match for: People on a close search for ultra-rare A5 Kobe beef.
If you are looking for something of premium quality that will wow your family, Holy Grail Steak Co. is a perfect choice. You won’t go wrong with anything they offer, but of course, their finest-quality Kobe beef takes all the spotlight.
Their roast selection includes Sonoma County rack of lamb, Kurobuta pork boneless loin roast, Kobe ribeye roast, Kobe striploin roast, Upper Prime Black Angus Picanha roast, and a few other exclusive options.
9 - Pat LaFrieda
Best match for: Anyone looking to see what America’s most famous butcher is all about.
There is really no need to say much about America’s most famous butcher and his quality. With tradition and experience, this butcher shop manages to feed as many as 300,000 people each day without compromising quality. That really speaks volumes of their mastery and sourcing expertise.
The holiday selection includes boned and tied Black Angus standing rib roast, bone-in standing rib roast, brisket, beef tenderloin, and a few more premium options.
How to Ensure Food Safety When Roasting Meat
No matter what roast recipe you decide to follow, you need to know some simple guidelines. Firstly, your oven should be at a minimum of 325ᵒF to kill off all bacteria or viruses that may have gotten in contact with your roast.
USDA recommends that you buy a meat thermometer and make sure that your internal meat temperature for beef and pork is at least 145ᵒF, while for poultry, it should be at 165ᵒF.
After your crown roast, pork tenderloin, glazed ham, roast duck, turkey, roast chicken, pork belly, or any other roast is ready, take it out of the oven and let it sit for 3 minutes at room temperature. You can then carve it and serve it to your guests.
It is most commonly rib or rump roast, but it can be anything you want, including crown roast, pork tenderloin, ham, etc.
This depends on your and your guest’s preferences. Experiment with different recipes, glaze it, try an exotic side dish, and improve your usual menu. A little hot sauce and food styling can make all the difference.
From traditional holiday roasts to turkey, you should make a recipe you like. Many people have turned to roast duck and roast chicken in the previous years.
A good roast can make your holiday time memorable, and delivery services are a perfect way to get premium quality meat.
From roast beef, pork loin, pork belly, and ham to pot roast, it doesn’t matter what you make, as long as the meat quality is good, and you have chosen a delicious recipe. Many of the food services we reviewed are famous for their product quality, and they also offer some excellent recipes, which should help you make a splendid family feast.
Our #1 Recommendation