Diwali is Sunday, November 12th this year, so read ahead to find where to place online orders to get Diwali mithai, or sweets, delivered to yourself or loved ones in time.
Celebrated by Hindus, Sikhs, and Jains, Diwali–also known as the festival of lights– honors new beginnings, the triumph of good over evil, and light over darkness.
As with most festivals the world over, food plays an integral part in the celebrations. Sweets, and in particular, the gifting of sweets, is a traditional Diwali custom. In the U.S., it has become easy to place an order online and have mithai delivered to one’s self or loved ones due to the influx of South Asian internet stores, restaurants, and bakeries offering nationwide shipping of their creative array of Diwali sweets.
In this article, we’ve reviewed companies providing edible Diwali gifts. You’ll find a mix of Indian sweets in their traditional form and also with a modern twist, depending on your vibe and preference. They’re all delicious, and each company, below, will deliver these festive treats straight to you or your desired address!
Best Places to Buy Diwali Sweets Online
1. Laumière Gourmet
“Delicious Indian fusion treats with authentic flavors” (Neetika A)
- Specialty: Premium dried fruit and nuts
- Price Range: $40- $50 per box
- Delivery Time: Multiple options available, from 1 to 8 business day options
- Delivery Charges: Complimentary 2-3 day shipping with $30 spend
- Shipping: Shipped within 1 business day, offers global shipping
- Offers: Free return with 100% refund, 10% off when you order 5 boxes
- Website Link: https://laumieregourmet.com/collections/diwali-collection
Laumière Gourmet offers a range of Diwali sweets – without the guilt!
Their sweets are made with all-natural ingredients and are free of any added sugars. Their products are also gluten-free, vegan, and low-carb.
What we love about their range is that their products also come with a personalized, handwritten gift – perfect for sending to loved ones if you’re buying Diwali sweets online.
2. TAGMO mithai
- Specialty: Finest quality, hand-quality Mithai sweets
- Price Range: $37- 639
- Delivery Time: 2-day shipping in the US, overnight to Texas and California, Also offers pick up in New York
- Delivery Charges: Standard shipping rates apply, free shipping over $150
- Shipping: Shipped with ice packs and insulated bags
- Offers: Wholesale discounts available
- Website Link: https://tagmonyc.com/shop-mithai-tagmo
TAGMO mithai are made in small batches in a Manhattan shop by celebrated chef Surbhu Sahni and her esteemed team.
What we found most impressive was their beautiful designs, expressing the color and life of Diwali.
Surbhu Sahni brings her own flare to the old-world flavor profiles that shine through her sweets.
3. Elements Truffles
“If you are trying to be healthy this is the best indulgence -so satisfying and truly decadent.” Sara Asaly
- Specialty: Micro-batch additive-free chocolates and truffles
- Price Range: $84- $136
- Delivery Time: 2 business days
- Delivery Charges: Free 2-day shipping with $45 spend
- Shipping: FedEx shipping with ice packs
- Offers: Free custom note, 10% off when you sign up
- Website Link: https://www.elementstruffles.com/collections/gift-boxes
This Diwali, Element Truffles has teamed up with Michelin star Chef Vikas Khanna to make delicious refined sugar- and dairy-free chocolates!
What we love about this Diwali gift box is that their chocolates are made with locally sourced honey and are created with traditional flavors including saffron, cardamom, and rose.
They also donate 25% of their profits to children in need – what better mission is there?
- Specialty: Sweet treats made with gourmet dates
- Price Range: $115
- Delivery Time: Within 3-5 business days
- Delivery Charges: $10 shipping
- Shipping: Standard shipping within 3 to 5 business days in the US
- Offers: Price includes a complimentary personalized gift card
- Website Link: https://bateel.com/en_us/wildflower-chest-drawer.html
Bateel is a well-known brand renowned for its premium gourmet dates and luxury sweets.
Originally from Saudi Arabia, the brand has expanded globally and now offers a wide range of exquisite and indulgent sweet treats including sweets for Diwali.
We love their WildFlower Chest Draw, which comes with layers of organic plain and filled dates elegantly presented in this lavish three-layer chest – making it the perfect gift for Diwali.
5. Williams Sonoma
- Specialty: Mediterranean-inspired treats
- Price Range: $39.95 – $59.95
- Delivery Time: 3-5 days standard shipping, overnight available
- Delivery Charges: Standard charges apply
- Shipping: Standard shipping or shipped to Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, or West Elm store where you can pick it up
- Offers: Offers a price match guarantee
- Website Link: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/diwali-celebration-assorted-sweets/
If you’re looking for Diwali sweets online, Williams Sonoma has created 2 gift boxes just in time for Diwali!
Their sweets are made by skilled artisans in the USA using both American and imported ingredients and are both vegetarian and gluten-free.