Craving cake? No need to pass by the bakery – with these online cake companies, getting dessert delivered directly to your door is, well... piece of cake!
We've covered 5 companies that deliver cake – such as carrot cake and birthday cakes – to your place. Many also offer cookies and baked goods. Let us have cake!
Our Top Cake Deliveries
1 - Milk Bar (Editor's Choice)
- Best match for: Those looking for delicious cakes with high Instagram factor.
Milk Bar is a New York-born bakery with millennial vibes. In their own words:
"At Milk Bar, we believe in the transformative power of a really freakin’ good cookie or an outstanding piece of cake."
Milk Bar was founded in 2008 by Christina Tosi – then as a physical bakery in New York's East Village. Here, you'll find cakes, cake truffles, cookies, and pie that's as much a pleasure for the eye as for your palate.
Their luscious, layered cakes make us wanna have cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Go for their party packs to get a little of everything and get the party started in seconds!
Among their cakes, you find their classic birthday cake, chocolate birthday cake, peppermint bark cake, and a pumpkin dulce de leche cake.
There's also a gluten-free birthday cake so that everyone – even those allergic to this protein – can enjoy a piece of cake for their birthday!
2 - Goldbelly
- Best Match For: Food enthusiasts who want a marketplace that can offer them exclusive and gourmet dishes, sweets, meats, meal kits, pizzas, and pretty much anything food-related.
- Commitment Level: One-time orders; 3, 6, 9, or 12 month subscriptions
- Availability: All 50 states
- Value: Prices and shipping fees vary depending on select items
- Type: A curated online marketplace of the best gourmet foods from small shops and restaurants across the nation.
Goldbelly is like an Amazon connecting small food providers and foodies. They only work with restaurants and bakeries fulfilling rigorous quality requirements.
Here, you'll find local stores and restaurants and family-owned businesses far from the anonymous megabrands at the supermarket!
Goldbelly has as its mission to bring people comfort through food. In their cake section, you'll be sure to find your new (or old) favorite – browse between creations like Oprah's Favorite Red Velvet Layer Cake, Rainbow Cake, and 9-layer crab cakes for your special day – all from different bakers all over the country.
There's also a vegan 4-layer chocolate cake and several gluten-free options.
Rest assured that Goldbelly has something for everyone – your biggest problem will be to pick only one!
3 - Bake Me a Wish
- Best match for: Those looking for a real scrumptious cake with guaranteed on-time delivery.
Bake Me a Wish stands for gourmet cakes online – or as they state it, "unforgettable cakes".
Feeling for a colorful rainbow cake to light up your (or someone else's) day, a chocolate mousse tart, or a cake with red velvet and white chocolate?
This and much more can be yours in a few clicks through Bake Me a Wish!
You'll also find a special section of bigger cakes – 10-inch cakes or sheet cakes, feeding up to 24 hungry people.
4 - Harry & David
- Best Match For: People looking for unique gifts for every occasion, ranging from gourmet foods to gift of the month clubs.
- Commitment Level: No commitments - Order at any time; Subscription
- Availability: Anywhere in the US
- Value: Gift prices can vary significantly depending on what you choose; $6.99-$23.99 shipping fee for orders under $150; 16% shipping fee for orders over $150; Additional $9.99 charge for deliveries to Hawaii and Alaska; Additional $5.99 to PO Box deliveries
- Type: Exclusive gifts, gift baskets, fruit boxes, premium chocolates, baked goods, gourmet food, wine clubs, and more.
Looking for a cake that's deliciously indulgent and full of flavor?
Harry & David (literally) delivers – choose between sweet treats like layered chocolate, confetti, red velvet, and holiday cakes.
All their products are baked entirely by hand in their Oregon bakery, and you can choose to send a cake as an appreciated gift arriving at the recipient as a surprise delivery.
Harry & David offers cakes in different price ranges to accommodate all budgets.
However, they do not provide allergy-friendly or vegan cakes.
And if you just can't get enough (we totally get you!), they have a monthly subscription service making sure you never run out of cake.
5 - Hickory Farms
- Best match for: Those who love the classics like key lime pie and red velvet cake from an age-old company.
Chocolate lava cakes with a melting heart, chocolate pumpkin cheesecake, or key lime pie?
The gourmet cheesecake sampler pack is perfect for a cheesecake tasting with someone you love (or solo), while the intense chocolate fudge layer cake candidates as your new favorite.
You'll also find cookies, such as the celebration sandwich cookie.
Harry & David has been in business since the 1930s and offers a wide range of fruits, chocolates, sweets, bakery, staples, and wine – perfect if you need something to eat or drink with the cake!
The companies listed ship nationwide, often with extra fees to Alaska and Hawaii. Note that most of them do not ship to PO boxes since cake is a perishable item, and the delivery in some cases needs to be received in person.
Yes! Milk Bar has their delicious birthday cake and cake truffles in gluten-free versions, and you can find several gluten-free options at Goldbelly.
Whatever flavor you fancy, there's a cake for every taste. Ordering online is easy, and the companies do everything in their power to make sure the cake arrives at your place in one piece.
So whether you're up for a chocolate chip cookie, a carrot cake, or anything in between, you're just a few clicks from getting your sweet tooth satisfied!
Our #1 Recommendation