Oink oink bacon lovers, there's a new craze in town: bacon subscription boxes. Yes, you read that right. While whiskey and wine of the month clubs are all well and good, we carnivores need something solid to sink our teeth into, and pair with our whiskey, of course.
A bacon of the month club is the perfect way to dazzle your taste buds with exotic flavors and delve deeply into the delicious world of artisan bacon. You're also doing your bit for small independent farms that go out of their way to treat their pigs with care and produce bacon that far surpasses supermarket brands.
Whether you're a Kentucky dry-cured kind of bacon lover or an aficionado of the cracked pepper bacon, all your meat snack needs are solved with a bacon subscription. And if you're after the perfect gift for a fellow hog fan, you're in the right place. What better gift than a variety of bacon delivered monthly!
Below, we review the best bacon subscription boxes, starting with our favorite iGourmet. Vegetarians need not apply...
Our Top Bacon Subscription Services
1. iGourmet (Editor's Choice)
- Best Match For: People with gourmand friends who would appreciate premium gourmet food gifts and unique subscriptions to excite their taste buds.
- Commitment Level: One time orders; Subscription
- Availability: Everywhere in the US
- Value: You can pick individual items, bundles, or choose one of the monthly subscription boxes. These are mostly gourmet foods and premium gifts, so most pre-made bundles are over $100. Standard shipping is $13.99, express is $24.99, while the overnight one is $39.99. There are additional charges for Saturday deliveries and shipping to Alaska and Hawaii.
- Type: Gourmet foods, meal kits, pantry items, premium meats, gourmet gift baskets, ready-to-eat sweets, and more
A well-known name on the food subscription scene, iGourmet has a reputation for quality and reliability.
That reputation, the generosity of its bacon of the month club, and the 100% satisfaction guarantee propel iGourmet to out number-one spot.
Subscribers receive two 12 to 16-ounce packs of gourmet bacon per month. Each is smoked and features a broad range of flavor profiles.
Think cracked pepper, honey bbq, pumpkin spice, and much more. In addition to the bacon itself, you also receive a newsletter that details the provenance of your bacon, suggested cooking techniques, and something akin to tasting notes.
We also want to give iGourmet a shout out for delivering overseas, so if you're after a UK food box subscription with all-American bacon, you're in luck.
- Best Match For: Food enthusiasts who want a marketplace that can offer them exclusive and gourmet dishes, sweets, meats, meal kits, pizzas, and pretty much anything food-related.
- Commitment Level: One-time orders; 3, 6, 9, or 12 month subscriptions
- Availability: All 50 states
- Value: Prices and shipping fees vary depending on select items
- Type: A curated online marketplace of the best gourmet foods from small shops and restaurants across the nation.
Goldbelly is primarily known for helping mom and pop food makers get nationwide reach and more clientele.
It has been successful at connecting producers with consumers so it makes sense that the company also offers subscriptions.
Goldbelly's bacon club offers three or six-month subscription boxes and each delivery is packed with two to five pounds of fine bacon.
You can expect to receive legendary Peter Luger bacon, chef favorite Snake River Farm bacon, and belly bacon from the James Beard Award winning producer Smoking Goose Meatery, to name just a few of the subscription plans from Goldbelly.
Gift yourself some gourmet bacon or send a shipment or three to a friend, Goldbelly is sure to please either way.
- Best Match For: Meat lovers looking for premium-quality cuts from grass-fed or grass-finished beef, organic free-range chicken, wild-caught seafood, and cage-free pork.
- Commitment Level: Subscription with flexible delivery frequency
- Availability: The contiguous US (No Alaska or Hawaii)
- Value: $129-$149/month; Free shipping
- Type: Responsibly sourced frozen meats
Butcherbox is a little bit special. As opposed to a dedicated bacon of the month club, the company offers a delivery of top-notch meats every month.
Feast with friends or the family on heritage-breed pork, grass-fed beef, and free-range chicken.
Billed as "meat you can trust" Butcherbox's trusted farmers are dedicated to humanely rearing their animals and avoiding hormones and added antibiotics.
And now for something really special: the company is running a limited time offer.
New members receive free bacon for the duration of their subscription.
Free from nitrates and added sugar, this uncured bacon is delicious and yours at zero extra cost.
4. Heritage Foods
- Best match for: Foodies who want heritage breed bacon every month.
Buy a subscription for yourself or sign a friend up for gourmet gifts because this bacon of the month club promises artisan bacon direct to your doorstep.
Raised by independent farmers who are dedicated to both animal welfare and maximizing the natural flavor of the meat, each club shipment is sure to have you drooling.
Your package ships at the beginning of the month, or on a date of your choosing. Receive three packages, around three pounds, of a different bacon each month.
Thanks to Heritage Foods' partnership with American curemasters, you can expect a variety of cured bacon flavors and tastes — pure meat candy.
5. Bacon Freak
- Best match for: Bacon lovers who self-identify with the company's name.
You love smoked bacon, pepper bacon, apple cinnamon bacon, tender belly bacon... heck, maybe you just love all the bacon because you're a bacon freak?
If so, this is the bacon of the month club for you!
Bacon Freak touts itself as the original and best bacon of the month club, but you're the best judge of that.
Sign up for a selection of two different types of bacon per month.
You're unlikely to get bored either as Bacon Freak has over 40 different bacon flavors in its club selection.
As an added bonus, when you join the bacon club, you'll receive a free t-shirt emblazoned with "Bacon is Meat Candy" so you can really fly your bacon freak flag proudly.
6. Amazing Clubs
- Best Match For: Anyone looking for a fantastic selection of gift of the month clubs that allow you to give out unique subscriptions with premium products people will surely enjoy.
- Commitment Level: Subscription
- Availability: Everywhere in the US
- Value: You can sign up for monthly delivery of beer for $42.95, wines for $45.95, bacon for $49.95, chocolate for $35.95, and many other gift of the month clubs. Shipping is free to the contiguous US.
- Type: Gift of the month clubs
Amazing Clubs' Bacon of the Month Club can proudly hold its head high among the stiff club bacon we've reviewed here.
In fact, the Wall Street Journal even gave this company's bacon club the thumbs up.
Sign up for a 3, 6, or 12-month subscription and receive two, one-pound packs of small-batch craft bacon direct to your door each month.
Plus you'll get a monthly copy of The Bacon Bitz, a newsletter dedicated to all things bacon that also details the provenance of your bacon delivery.
Recipes and bacon cooking tips help you get the most of your meaty treats too. Subscriptions come with free shipping every month.
The Benefits of Month Clubs
There are plenty of benefits to signing up to month clubs, whether you're giving a gift or subscribing for yourself. Each month the selections you receive are ingredients you might not normally see or come into contact with. Perhaps the best part of month clubs is expanding your palate and appreciation of flavors.
Often we think of subscription boxes as reserved for wines, whiskeys, teas, and the like. But an increasing amount of businesses are turning their attention to other products. A bacon club is a prime example of a unique subscription experience.
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider a bacon subscription:
You want to spend your hard-earned bacon well each month, and that's understandable. We can help with a few answers to your pressing bacon of the month club questions:
There certainly is! In fact, there are several you can choose from. Take a peek at the examples above for a selection of the best bacon clubs. Signing up for a bacon of the month club means you'll receive a selection of high-quality, artisan bacon at your door each month. The only downside is that you might have to share the contents of your subscription box!
Our top choice for best bacon club goes to iGourmet's bacon subscription service. Each shipment box contains a variety of flavors to make your recipes sing and your taste buds dance. Plus there is plenty of bacon in each box and the membership price is favorable. It's a 10 out of 10 from us.
All sorts of flavors and smoking techniques are used. A per month bacon club membership grants you access to the best bacon in the US, produced by passionate farmers and gourmet butchers.
You could receive applewood smoked and hickory smoked bacon one month then honey bbq back bacon and citrus sugar dry cured bacon the next. The beauty of a club is that each month is new and exciting. Be prepared to sample crispy garlic basil or jalapeno bacon — maybe pour yourself a bloody mary to go with that last one!
Costs per month vary depending on which company you choose. Some bacon of the month clubs sit closer to $70 per month while others are comfortably in the under $50 range. It might seem a lot, but remember, this isn't your basic supermarket bacon, this is bacon made by the best producers in the country. And whether it's apple cinnamon, applewood smoked or brown sugar tender belly bacon, you're sure to enjoy the diverse flavors.
The fruit of the month is one of the many month clubs offered by Amazing Clubs. We reviewed the company's Bacon of the Month Club above, and if you're looking to balance out your pig cravings with something different, a fruit club is a great idea. After all, just think of all the pork and fruit pairings and flavors you can create!
Bringing Home the Bacon...
That concludes our round-up of the finest bacon clubs in the country. After reviewing the clubs, and on the basis of price, selection, choice of bacon types and options, and flavor potential, our favorites are iGourmet closely followed by Goldbelly. We hope the information above has been useful as you choose your own favorite bacon club. Here's to crispy maple flavored mornings and better BBQs!
Our #1 Recommendation